Questions about example sentences with, and the definition and usage of "Crooks"
The meaning of "Crooks" in various phrases and sentences
Q: What does Crooks was running unopposed for the Democratic nomination for a seat in the state Legislature. mean?
A: It means that crooks had nobody else to compete against to get the nomination for a seat. Normally multiple people from the same party will try to get the same spot in a government position. It just means that no other Democrat was trying to get the same position. I hope this was understandable to you. US politics is pretty complicated to explain to foreigners.
Meanings and usages of similar words and phrases
HiNative is a platform for users to exchange their knowledge about different languages and cultures. We cannot guarantee that every answer is 100% accurate.
- How do you say it? High or big salary? High or big income?
- Please tell me what he is saying in this line (0:51~) I could only hear " ...save the world." H...
- "My boss is always treating me unfairly at work. I need to call the corporate ethics helpline." ...
- "How does the woman in the picture feel like?" (wanna ask about emotion) Is this the right exp...
- are these sentences ok? this little dog has just turned up at my house. that weird woman turned u...
- is 'workout' a noun, a verb, or both a noun and a verb? "It's a good leg workout" "Wanna work...
- How do you say this in English (US)? rajesh jaaega.
- 1. If you study hard, I'll help you. 2. Once you study hard, I'll help you. 3. As long as you stu...
- What is the difference between on the street and in the street ?
- What does mfw mean?