Questions about example sentences with, and the definition and usage of "Netherfield"
The meaning of "Netherfield" in various phrases and sentences
Q: What does ‘have you heard that Netherfield Park is let at last?’ mean?
A: Let = rented in UK English. So the sentence means did you know that Netherfield Park (the name of a big mansion) is rented finally? This is from Pride and Prejudice so it's going to us UK English and some of it is also going to old-fashioned
Meanings and usages of similar words and phrases
HiNative is a platform for users to exchange their knowledge about different languages and cultures. We cannot guarantee that every answer is 100% accurate.
- Do people say “based off” instead of “based on” in casual talk?
- He was seen ( ) up the stairs with tears in his eyes. (A) run (B)ran (C) to run (D) running
- How can I improve this text? This is a reflection that happens today. Skin color, social class a...
- How do you say this in English (US)? ahora que lo mencionas/dices
- What does Cómo se dice De en inglés mean?
- What is the difference between vis-a-vis and compared with ?
- What does Because why the freak not? mean?
- What does Put it lightly mean?
- What does yeet mean in "You can yeet yourself."?
- What is the difference between Scared and Afraid ?