Questions about example sentences with, and the definition and usage of "Yancey"
The meaning of "Yancey" in various phrases and sentences
Q: What does Yancey inclined his head toward the table and the man's eyes followed, lighting up. mean?
A: It is hard to say since it is taken out of context. My best answer is "Yancey looked at the table and the man did too" Also lighting up is a phrase that can either mean smoking (ex. He lit up a cigarette.) or imply happiness (ex. His eyes lit up with joy.) I hope this helps.
Meanings and usages of similar words and phrases
HiNative is a platform for users to exchange their knowledge about different languages and cultures. We cannot guarantee that every answer is 100% accurate.
- Please tell me about the grammatical mistakes in this sentence🥺 If you don't mind, I'd like you ...
- Does “He had an appointment with me at my surgery” mean at doctor’s office or operation room?
- What is the difference between tremble and shake ?
- What does I’d rather you stayed in for the night mean?
- Does this sound natural? If not, how can I ask someone what time they start working? What time ...
- is this right? this looks like the shitiest one
- 1. I'm lost what you just said. 2. I'm lost about what you just said. What is the correct sentence?
- As far as I know you guys have the slang "bro" that's used only for guys, what about the girls? D...
- What is the difference between On your own and By myself ?
- What is the difference between You are eyes are red. "Have you been crying ?" and You are eyes ar...