Questions about example sentences with, and the definition and usage of "Receptive"
Synonyms of "Receptive" and their differences
Q: What is the difference between receptive and susceptible ?
A: “Receptive” is generally positive: someone is open to, willing to receive, even appreciates criticism, for example. “Susceptible” implies negative effects resulting from some exposure: susceptible to getting sick, susceptible to taking a critique or comments “the wrong way,” etc.
Meanings and usages of similar words and phrases
HiNative is a platform for users to exchange their knowledge about different languages and cultures. We cannot guarantee that every answer is 100% accurate.
- What does I enjoyed your company. mean?
- How do you say this in English (US)? 羡慕
- What does pagal mean?
- What does Woah mean?
- Hello! My name is Anna. I am from Almaty, Kazakhstan. I am studying in English courses. And I...
- When you says "It is all too true," does it mean "Unfortunately, it is true"?
- Why the answer “or” isn’t correct?😢 Make sure you renew your membership before it lapses, ___ new...
- could correct me if there is a mistake ? it's my homework and it's an essay! Socializing is a...
- What does size ten mean?
- I proposed to her. I asked her to marry me. Are these expressions similar and natural?