Questions about example sentences with, and the definition and usage of "Sect"
The meaning of "Sect" in various phrases and sentences
Q: What does "Non-conformist sects of Christianity were challenging the state-dominated Church of England, and these new forms of Christianity were being severely repressed." mean?
A: @mizuki718: It means the "church of England" have a church that is controlled by the government/state, but there are sects/groups of Christians who don't agree with the "state church" so they were "challenging" the state church..so these people "who don't agree" with state church are being "restrained" from doing their activities.
Example sentences using "Sect"
Q: Please show me example sentences with sect.
A: It means sector / section I believe. It’s an abbreviation
Synonyms of "Sect" and their differences
Q: What is the difference between sect and fraction ?
A: Check the question to view the answer
Q: What is the difference between sect and cult ?
A: oh hm so basically sect doesn't have a bad connotation, whereas cult does?
Meanings and usages of similar words and phrases
HiNative is a platform for users to exchange their knowledge about different languages and cultures. We cannot guarantee that every answer is 100% accurate.
- What is the difference between cuddle and hug ?
- I cant get what does "clutch" mean in this case: "What's so clutch we had to rush here?"
- How do you say this in English (US)? cc
- How do you say this in English (US)? plato hondo
- How do you say this in English (US)? 好热
- What is the difference between crush and smoosh and squash ?
- I'm working at my side hustle today. I'm working in my side hustle today. I'm working on my side ...
- كيف التعرف الى اصدقاء من حول العالم
- What does Scooping up mean?
- What does ★He ate apples, throwing away their cores. mean?