Question

Dear Dr XXX
I am Ali, studying for a mechanical engineering PhD at XXX university, Iran. Now, at the end of the first year, I have passed comprehensive exam and seeking an effective topic for thesis. During the search, I found this position in cfd-online jobs.

I have a strong background in fluid dynamics and heat transfer. I'm a CFD expert, completely familiar with openFOAM and Matlab and somewhat familiar with c++ and python. Also, I am well-informed about AVR micro-controllers and Arduino boards. My English is near-fluent; iBT certificate is expected in Apr 2019.

I am really eager to work in international environment to broaden my horizons. My final goal is to work inter-disciplinary as working with PIV demands knowledge in optics and signal processing in addition to fluid dynamics. I am passionately eager to conducting an experimental research rather than a pure numerical one.

So, it is a huge opportunity for me if you comply with my one-year visiting researcher position application in your lab. I have enclosed my resume for your review. Kindly please let me know if I can provide additional information in support of my application. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Answers