Question
14 Feb 01:45 AM

It is necessary for every people not only has their own beliefs but also can compromise their own beliefs when it is needed. In this light, I do not agree with that it is harmful to compromise one’s own beliefs than to adhere to them. Rather, adhering to the beliefs is more harmful. This is because their own beliefs could be wrong, and adhering strictly to the beliefs could bring about argument or conflict with other people.
To begin with, every people’s beliefs can be wrong. People’s intelligence, knowledge or a kind of such things can never be perfect because people have inherent limitation. Thus, they should acknowledge their beliefs can be wrong and should correct or compromise them when it turns out that they are wrong. If they do not compromise them and strictly adhere to them, it must incur tremendous fail or cost. Opponents can contend that even though their own beliefs could be false, adhering to beliefs can be more beneficial as they can not be distracted and go their own way. However, as I mentioned above, although it may seem good to live sticking to their own beliefs, such a life is bound to fail if the belief itself is erroneous. For instance, in the Korean War, a Choi who is general of the Korean army had a wrong offensive doctrine. Under this doctrine, he had made the armies to march to the north despite dissuasion of other people. Eventually, his armies had been annihilated and he also died during the war.
Secondly, strictly adhering to the beliefs can give rise to argument and conflict with other people. Everybody has their own beliefs, and theirs will totally different from other people's beliefs as each people has disparate history and living conditions. Therefore, it is natural that one’s beliefs are at odds with others. At that moment, if he adheres to his beliefs, he will come into conflict with other people. Opponents can assert that even so, if they compromise their beliefs in order to avoid argument, he will lose his balance and be controlled by other people. However, even if people compromise their beliefs, it doesn’t necessarily lead to losing one’s balance or being controlled by other people. Rather, by compromising their beliefs, they can not only avoid argument or conflict but also improve or complement their beliefs. For example, when I was a sophomore, I had had a team project with five other people who had different majors. At that time, I had absolute beliefs about the perfection of capitalism, and it was in collision with some teammates who majored in economy or sociology. They informed me about various failure case of capitalism and limits or shortcomings of it. On the process, I did not insist on my beliefs and accept their argument sincerely. Consequently, I could avoid an argument with them and improve my knowledge or beliefs of capitalism.
In a nutshell, I do not agree with the statement and argues that adhering to their own beliefs can be more harmful, based on following reasons: Every people’s beliefs could be wrong, and adhering strictly to their beliefs could bring about arguing with other people.

I wrote an essay. Please correct or complement my writing.
Answers