Question
31 Mar 11:34 AM

Thank you for reading.
While listening to CNN's One on One, I came across the following lines, though it might have some mishearing, that is "Jared took the whole Middle East portfolio from Rex Tillerson". However, I have only heard the word "portfolio" being used in topics related to the economic field, here I guess it is a figurative expression that means "to hold the initiative about something". Could someone please tell me if I were right, and I'd appreciate if you give me farther ideas on this. Sorry for this long explanation but writing sentences is also my training. Thank you.

Quote; Jared took the whole Middle East portfolio from Rex Tillerson very, very early on. And Jared was the one pushing for the first - U.S. first official visit to be to Riyadh, very strange place to go, not a country we share democratic values with.

Answers

Japanese