Question
02 Jun 05:27 PM

This is a question about the passage below (Born to Run by Christopher McDougall).

[Q] What does the simile【like spotting the cover of a rare book in a candlelit library】suggest?
A. it is something that is difficult to achieve in modern society
B. the best discoveries are often made in the dark
C. it is something that is hard to spot
----------------------------------------

“Such a sense of joy!” marveled coach Vigil as he watched the Tarahumara whisk past. He’d never seen anyone running that hard having that much fun.

Vigil had been furiously taking mental notes: Look how they point their toes down, not up, like gymnasts doing the floor exercise. And their backs! They could carry water buckets on their heads without spilling a drop! How many years have I been telling my kids to straighten up and run from the gut like that? But it was the smiles that jolted him. That’s it! Vigil thought, ecstatic. I found it! Except he wasn’t sure what “it” was. The revelation he’d been hoping for was right in front of his eyes, but he couldn’t quite grasp it; he could only catch the glim around the edges, 【like spotting the cover of a rare book in a candlelit library】. But whatever “it” was, he knew it was exactly what he was looking for.

I guess the right answer is C but I'm not very sure.
Thanks in advance!

Answers
Missing thumb gray@2x
Deleted user

Japanese
Missing thumb gray@2x
Deleted user