Would you correct the sentences or me? Examples with new words and idioms: 1- Shrug: When I asked her how Sam was doing, she just shrugged and looked the other way. It seemed like she was miffed we had ...

28 Nov 2016

Would you correct the sentences or me?

Examples with new words and idioms:
1- Shrug:
When I asked her how Sam was doing, she just shrugged and looked the other way. It seemed like she was miffed we had ditched her the other night.

2- Cool beans:
-I was born on 16th of June.
-Cool beans! I was born on the same day!
...
- I got an A in math.
- Cool beans! (=great)

3-The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
-She is just as impatient as her mother.
-No wonder. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

4-To have an aversion to something:
I am a vegetarian. In fact I have an aversion to animals being killed for food and other mere reasons.

5- Lame:
-I didn't do my homework on account of me being ill.
-Stop giving me these kinds of lame excuses.

6- Let/get sb off the hook:
When he got home late, his parents asked him for the reason angrily. His granny took his side and let him off the hook though.

7- Moldy:
People are supposed to avoid eating moldy food.Despite the given fact in some countries moldy cheese are so popular.

8- Worn:
I need to buy a new pair of sneakers. My prior sneakers are having a hole in them and their laces are torn up. My last pair of sneakers is actually worn.
Missing thumb
Missing thumb gray@2x
Deleted user

Native language
Persian
0