Question
28 Jun 04:17 PM

What do you do when you feel the need to re-discover your identity?
I come back to the places that accompanied me through my life journey. And the Temple of Clitumnus is one of symbols of my identity, a timeless and enchanted place rising on the springs of the Clitumnus.
Strolling in this natural oasis comes to my mind the Panta rehi philosophy: everything flows, no man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man. So, who are we?
I think the Temple of Clitumnus has the answer: it was built by the Longobards between the 4th and 7th century using what was left of a pre-existing pagan shrine. It is not anymore the pagan shrine or even the Church built by the Longobards: it is heritage of humanity, an inspiring model of modernity, so that past is foundation and renewal.
Lord Byron described the springs of the Clitumnus to a friend as “the prettiest little stream in all poesy”.

Answers

English (UK) Portuguese (Portugal)

Italian

Italian

English (UK) Portuguese (Portugal)

Italian

English (UK) Portuguese (Portugal)