Question
12 Jul 01:19 PM

Spanish (Mexico)

Hi guys, can you please help me correct this text? Thank you
Dear Sir,
I am writing to convey my feelings about the spike in the youth crime rate in our neighborhood, in the last year. Never before have we been so concerned regarding delinquency.
Currently, residents have angst of being victims of juvenile crime. Not only do they commit misdemeanors, but also felonies. Furthermore, what concerns residents the most is the fact that when adolescents are caught, they are given a lenient chastisement or even worse they do not receive any kind of punishment, due to their age.
To solve this issue, is imperative that some measures are taken into consideration. First and foremost, the government does need to allocate funds in order to guarantee the teenager's educations. This is of paramount importance, in as much as many of the youngsters who are involved in the life of crime have neither qualifications nor experience to apply for a job. Were they not to drop out their studies out of necessity, it is highly likely that they will have a better future. What is more, there should be entertainment spaces, where teenagers could participate in an array of activities such as, practicing sports, learning about photography, participating in a reading club, just to mention but a few. Secondly, once they are in prison, they should receive some kind of training that allow them to find a job, when they fulfill their sentences. By doing so, there will be a diminishment in the recedivism rate. Last but certainly not least, the surveillance should be increased, so as to demotivate criminals. Should there be more cameras and police, citizens will have the reassurance of walking for the streets.
It is no denying that adolescents should be supported in order to not be indulged into a life of crime. Needless to say that the more education and job opportunities they have, the lower the likelihood of them joining to gangs.
I do hope that my suggestions are given the attention they deserve.
Your sincerelly,

Answers

Spanish (Mexico)