Question
22 Jul 05:38 PM

Spanish (Mexico)

Hi guys, can you please help me correct this text? Thank you

104. Why is it important for young people to learn history? * Identity * Education * Compassion.

Generally speaking, I would say that it is imperative that young people learn history for several reasons.
First and foremost, I would like to mention identity. It stands to reason that towards history we can acknowledge our heritage. Were you to be interested in your backgrounds, you could carry out research in history and find out a great deal of information. By the same token, you understand the reasons behind some things that happen currently. It is said that the more you know about the past, the better you will comprehend the present. What is more, if you know the failures and successes, you will try to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.
As far as education is concerned, there is no denying the fact that history should be included in schools' curriculum and this should be compulsory. It is of paramount importance that students know about the more relevant events of the past and the characters that made history. Furthermore, I do believe that the more knowledge they have about such events, the more intellectual they will become.
Last but certainly not least, I would like to highlight that every field of knowledge is related to history. Seldom do we see a subject that has not a relation with history, inasmuch as some events were particularly important for the acconteciments that they were surrounded by. An example that springs to my head, is the renascentism, where many intellectuals and artists had the opportunity to stand out, due the conditions of the time. Had they lived in another time, perhaphs their destinities would have been completely different.
In conclusion, I would say that there is no doubt about the importance of learning history since an early age.

Answers

English (UK) English (US)

Spanish (Mexico)