Question
05 Aug 01:38 PM

Spanish (Mexico)

Hi guys, can you please help me correct this text? Thank you

42. What are the strengths and weakenesses of the different forms of mass media? * News * Education * Entertainment.

Generally speaking, I would say that mass media has a plethora of strengths and downsides.
First and foremost, I would like to mention news. It stands to reason that the main purpose of the mass media is to keep up to date with the most current events of the world. For this end, not only can we watch TV, but we also can consult an array of websites. Nevertheless, it is of paramount importance that we take with a pinch of salt what we read, since we can find that some sites are unreliable and can provide biased information. In addition, it is crystal clear that some power people use their influences to manipulate the mass media.
As far as entertainment is concerned, I would say that there is no denying the fact that never before have we seen such a wide range of entertainment forms. Not only can we watch a myriad of programs on TV, but there are also a wide range of things to do on the Internet. On the other hand, we are bombarded by a great deal of advertisements that entince us to purchase products that on many occasions we even do not need.
In regard to education, I would like to highlight the fact that nowadays we can study since the comfort of our houses. Firstly, on the internet there are several courses that cover most of the topics. There we can also find exercises to practice what we have learned. Secondly, in view to the fact that there are many people who are devoid of time, many colleges provide virtual education. Last but certainly not least, there are forums where we can post our queries and answer other people's questions.
In a nutshell, I would say that there is no doubt that the advantages vastly outweigh the downsides.

Answers

Spanish (Mexico)