12 Aug 2019
Question about English (US)
How to understand "stovepipes" in the following sentence:"In combining these responsibilities under one overarching concept, homeland security breaks down longstanding stovepipes of activity that have been and could still be exploited by those seeking to cause harm."
Read more comments
- Do you often use "make a flight" in your daily life? ex) I'm worried about making my flight. ...
- Is this right? We had a lot of catching on to do
- Is this sentence natural? Armstrong was the first person who arrived at the moon.
- What is the difference between man and men ?
- What is the difference between I miss you. and I missed you ?
- What does Yamete kudasai mean?
- What is the difference between Saranghae and Saranghaeyo ?
- Why is the sentence correct? You can do whatever you please. I looked up dictionaries, and the...
- When you write a question in Japanese which ends with か, you can use "。" instead of "?". Does th...
- do you know what's the best way to improve my pronouncation in English
- So I’ve been reading The Old Man and the Sea and encountered those two different expressions: If ...
- Is this price covered with tax? Is that sentence correct? If not, can you correct me?