Suppose there are many people standing in a line to receive a free but expensive stuff as a gift, and everyone receives it except for the last one in the line. The last one is told, "Sorry, the gifts are fin...

8 Jul 2015

Native language
Persian
Suppose there are many people standing in a line to receive a free but expensive stuff as a gift, and everyone receives it except for the last one in the line. The last one is told, "Sorry, the gifts are finished!". This person complains of his bad luck and says (sarcastically): "Oh, no!, now that it's my turn, all gifts are finished! I don't believe it!"

In situations like these, we Iranians have a saying that means: "Now that it's my turn, the sky came down". It implies that now that I almost achieved that opportunity, the situation/condition changed dramatically, all of a sudden and unbelievably. That is, the worst possible thing happened, and so I lost my opportunity.

Is there any idiom, expression or proverb that conveys a similar meaning with that Persian saying?

Native language

Native language
Persian

Native language

Native language
Persian
0