Question

Hi. I’m working on a translation about “trailer home.” Now, I have a question associated with it.
Which term (denoted with *** below) should I use when referring to a “house/building built with its foundation being FIXED on the ground”--unlike a trailer home (mobile home), foundation of which is not fixed in general? To my best knowledge, “building structure” may possible be suitable for it…, but is my understanding correct?
*The term in question is written as “建築物” in Japanese in the original context.

For example:

- Development activities defined in the City Planning Act are for the buildings stipulated in item (i), Article 2 of the Building Standards Act. Therefore, the cases not categorized as “***” are not subjected to this act. From the legal point of view, it may be misinterpreted that there is no problem with setting up a trailer home even in an area where buildings are not allowed. That’s because, the trailer house is not treated as a “***”; it is not subjected to the City Planning Act. However, the Japan Trailer House Association deems such an action as a circumvention of the law.

Thank you.

Answers

Japanese

Japanese

Japanese