13 Dec 2019
Question about English (US)
If you take away the phrase "per capita" from the sentence below, how does the meaning of the sentence differ? What does the "per capita" work in the sentence? Thanks in advance.
To McAvoy’s way of thinking, America is a world leader in three things only: military spending, the number of adults per capita serving prison sentences, and the number of adults, presumably conservative Christians, who believe “angels are real.” Angels are real?
Read more comments
- How do you use a phrase "freak out" in daily life?
- Ain't I just! What does this phrase mean?
- I want to learn some phrases or words used in America university. Such as major and minor, paper,...
- “We have to be care about inner beauty.” Is it natural?
- My grandpa, who passed away about there years ago, didn’t used to talk about the experience of th...
- How does "Was i supposed to copy them or make my own sentences?" sound? Does it sound natural?
- What does“plotting ” mean in this context?
- What does“plotting” mean in this context?
- What is the difference between man and men ?
- What is the difference between I miss you. and I missed you ?
- What does XXX mean?
- What does Yamete kudasai mean?
- What is the difference between Saranghae and Saranghaeyo ?
- What does“rolling up to ” mean in this context?
- What is the difference between "I am finished." and "I finished."? Both of them are used when I f...
- 1.There is one thing I can't understand, why it is so much a problem here in the United States. ...
- -Can you show me after class today please? Does it sound natural to answer: - It depends John, ...
- can you pls help me? which choice sounds best? to me bake and roast sound correct, but I'm not s...