Question
17 Feb 03:13 AM

I find the following sentence form an article confusing.
“It’s hard for me to imagine that there’s such a degree of underreporting of clinical illness in children that we’re only hearing about two or three cases,”
Is it same as saying "We’re only hearing about two or three cases where children are ill, but It’s hard for me to imagine that this is due to a high degree of underreporting of clinical illness in children"

excerpt of the article:
With detailed data, some observations, such as the higher risk in men, may change. Still, Dr. Mark Denison, a pediatric infectious diseases specialist at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, said he does not expect to see a sudden uptick in infected children.
“It’s hard for me to imagine that there’s such a degree of underreporting of clinical illness in children that we’re only hearing about two or three cases,” he said.
“I think it means that there are many, many less children” who are infected in China, he said, “and that they’re not as much at risk.”

Answers

• Spanish (Mexico) Near fluent