Question
20 Mar 06:51 PM

Hey! Can you help me with this task? I did this task but I'm not sure if it's good.

Complete the sentences with a linking word or phrase from the box.

as long as; although; as well as; despite; in order to; owing to; therefore; whereas

1. ................................. you concentrate, you should pass the exam.
2. ................................. she always handed in her homework late, the quality of her work was high.
3. Simona took notes during the lecture ...................................... recording what the teacher said.
4. Mike decided to get a summer job in France ................................. improve his French.
5. ................... being one of the most intelligent students in the class, Michael’s exam resultwas
disappointing.
6.The students found that they had a free morning .......................... the cancellation of the lecture.
7. ‘You just don’t practise enough,’ said the teacher, ‘and ...................... you’re not likely to improve’.
8. .................................Tom wrote his essay in an hour, John needed a whole day to do his.

Answers