01 Aug 02:29 PM

  • Arabic
  • English (US) Near fluent
Question about English (US)

I have a question, please.
I’ve just come across this word and needed more clarification!
The word is ” scoot over.”
When I looked it up, I found out it means the movement from one place to another to leave a space for someone else to sit.
The question is:

Do they have to be sitting on the same bench or on the same object only?

I mean I am a teacher and each one of my students has a chair. If I wanna ask a student to move his chair so he would leave a space for another student to put his chair in and sit next to him.
Can I use the word scoot over here?

Read more comments

  • English (US)
Share this question
Similar questions
Newest Questions
Topic Questions
Recommended Questions