Question
28 January

• Russian

I copied this text from a textbook (not sure if it's a good one though Lol 😅 😂 )
Anyway..
IS Skip a name?
Or what does Skip mean here?

The following Saturday evening, Maggie said she was going to a party. It was at the house of a boy called Wilmers, who she had met at the dance.
By Sunday morning, Maggie hadn’t come home. Skip telephoned the Wilmers’ house.
A boy’s voice said that Maggie had left the party early.‘Was she alone?’‘No, she was with Pete Frosby. She left her car here.
’Skip felt the blood rush to his face. His hand was shaking as he picked up the telephone to call the Frosby house.
Old Frosby answered. He said Maggie was not there.
And his son was out at the moment. ‘What do you mean? Do you mean he was there earlier and he went out?’‘ Mr Skipperton, my son has his own ways, his own room, his own key – his own life. I’m not going to–’

Answers

• Russian

Anyway.. 
IS Skip a name? 
Or what does Skip mean here?