Question
25 May

• Hindi
  • Nepali
  • French (France)
Question about United States

Hello. I really need some piece of advice on this one. I often get confused when I come across spontaneous real-life situations that never gets described in movies or books. Like in my country, we hang the clothes outside to dry them. However, in native English speaking countries, they have inbuilt dryers in their Washing machines. So they don't have to say things like "I'm hanging the wet clothes outside to dry. " Or "I'm taking down the dry clothes. " So it's really hard to find these kind of sentences that never gets covered due to differences in life, countries and situations. I often notice that it's way more hard to say something, when you've never heard it being said/described before and sometimes I even lack the vocabulary to express the situation. And even if you figure out a way of expressing it, you're always second guessing yourself, whether it's correct or not. I come across numerous of situations like this that makes my english speaking journey challenging and i urge you to help me with this conundrum.

Answers

• Country or region United States

• Country or region India

• Country or region United States

• Country or region India

• Country or region United States

• Country or region India

• Country or region United States

Hello. I really need some piece of advice on this one. I often get confused when I come across spontaneous  real-life situations that never gets described in movies or books. Like in my country, we hang the clothes outside to dry them. However, in native English speaking countries, they have inbuilt dryers in their Washing machines. So they don't have to say things like "I'm hanging the wet clothes outside to dry. " Or "I'm taking down the dry clothes. " So it's really hard to find these kind of sentences that never gets covered due to differences in life, countries and situations. I often notice that it's way more hard to say something, when you've never heard it being said/described before and sometimes I even lack the vocabulary to express the situation. And even if you figure out a way of expressing it, you're always second guessing yourself, whether it's correct or not. I come across numerous of situations like this that makes my english speaking journey challenging and i urge you to help me with this conundrum.