Question
28 May

• Polish

Donkey's quote from Shrek: "I've mastered the stairs. I wish I had a step right here. I'd step all over it."

Could you explain the first and third sentences? Are they correct, I mean we can say that we "master the thing" like stairs or it is only a joke?
I know that we can master an emotion, situation, or ability, but I didn't hear about master the thing.

Is it the meaning of the third sentence: "To treat one in a way that ignores or flouts their authority, input, or feelings; to take advantage of one or push one around."?

Another question: Can the word master be used in the continuous tense ex.
She is mastering the English language now. (she is learning English now, so this skill is being improved at this point)
He was mastering this situation for 2 days. (2 days he controlled this situation)

Answers

• Polish