7 May 2016
Question about English (US)
What does the modal verb "would" mean in the news below? (I guess it's not just regular conditional, is it?)
Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya for his first official visit to Africa. Millions of people are expected to turn up for public celebrations at mass. The Pope WOULD appeal for religious tolerance between Muslims and Christians.
Read more comments
- What is the difference between can, may, might. and have to , should. this are modals verbs ?
- Please show me example sentences with the modal idiom BE TO and its use called quasi-imperative?...
- What is the difference between Would (modal) and Could (modal) ?
- Quelle phrase est la plus naturelle? Dites-moi quelle est plus familière, plus soutenue, et parlé...
- ___ parents sont gentils. votre mon leur nos
- "I'm planning to ask the teacher for help" = 先生を手伝ってお願いしようと思っています 正しいですか?
- What does this mean? 思い出そうしたら And how do you use its conjugation or whatever it might be?
- Is the sentence "Bosnia and Herzegovina was established as a state" correct? I am trying to say t...
- What's the meaning of "don't put Descartes before the horse"? Siri just said that to me.😱
- What is the difference between man and men ?
- What is the difference between I miss you. and I missed you ?
- What does XXX mean?
- What does トリセツ mean?
- "The focus of this research is on the Chinese orphans. The struggling life an orphan experienced....
- Please lie down on the bed. Please lay down on the bed. Which is correct? Thank you.
- Look how wonderful we have been. Can you understand this sentence?
- "Not that it's anybody's business." Does this phrase mean "It's nobody's business." or "It's non...
- What does boo-boo mean in the USA?