@Paseante Spaniards, not Spanish 😂 Spaniard es el gentilicio, Spanish el adjetivo.
@deleongerman43 Latino is a person that speaks a language that comes from Latin, but nowadays we use that term to shorten "latinoamericano" (latin american) so we don't call ourselves like that. Hispanic is what you call the people that are mix race with caucasians and native americans, right? We are caucasians btw :)
@deleongerman43 We are not Antonio Banderas (He has like the darkest skin you'll find here. Actually he looks more like a gipsy tbh. There're a lot of gipsies here) 😂 People tan a lot here, Spain is a very sunny country and when you tan that much and you don't use sunscreen (because people don't use it 😞...), the pigment stays in your skin, it doesn't fade. My mom tans and she's a lot shades darker now than she was when I was a kid. I'm white af because I don't tan 😂😂😂 Btw brunette is a hair colour, not a skin colour 😂
@deleongerman43 I wouldn't even call it brown skin, because that's a lot darker than how people is here xD It's white skin with a tan. People during summer spend full days in the beach here and summer is looooong 😂. We are not like Mexicans if that's what you are imagining, people tend to think we look alike because we speak the same language. Look for example Princess Leonor of Spain and her sister. That's the typical skin colour.
@deleongerman43 in Spain there are some people that have like an olive skin, like Arabs, but they are not the majority. I think usually people have white skin (maybe the majority not as white as an English xD), but in summer, as she said, we get darker, something that is not so seen in the typical Caucasian.
I am Spanish/Spaniard, European, Hispanic and Latin.
I am not Latina because that means from Latin America.
I am Latin as well as Italian, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Andorran and Moldavian people, because we speak a Romance language.
I am Hispanic because I speak Spanish. "Hispanic" comes from "Hispania" the name Romans put to the peninsula in the past and that's why nowadays our country is called "España".
I am European because of obvious reasons.
And I am white because I am originally from Spain, I am not a gypsy nor inmigrant who came here (like a Latin American or Moroccan) . Both my parents and their family are from here and they all look white (like half my family is brunnete or with brown eyes and the other half is blond or with blue/green eyes).
Now, for those people that you say they weren't white...
There are many reasons for that:
- They could be from the Canary Islands. Many people there can have like a 15% or more of North African blood because that's an island invaded by the Spaniards in the past. It was originally African. And also, a lot of them are very very very tan because they have African weather, very different from the peninsula.
- They can be from Ceuta or Melilla. Same as before, those are two Spanish cities placed in the North of Africa. But appart from that, as it's next to Morocco, it gets a lot of Moroccan inmigrants every year. So a person whose parents are one Spanish and the other Moroccan can call themself Spanish, but they don't represent the Spanish people.
- They can be son of Latin Americans. In my class there was a half Colombian half Spanish girl and she just said she was Spanish usually but she's clearly not just Spanish.
- They can be gypy. Gypsy people don't say "I'm gypsy", they say "I'm Spanish". And there are a lot of people who are half white and half gypsy, too. In the south of Spain it's were there are more gypsies. Some famous gypsies are Isabel Pantoja and Lolita Flores.
- They can be half Spanish and half from other part, too. For example Enrique Iglesias and David Silva are part Spanish and part Philipino/Japanese respectively.
- And lastly, they can be very very very tan because we are a Southern European country and from the center of the country to the south we have summer from like April to November.
So in conclusion real Spanish people are white. There are many ways to look inside the white race. We are Mediterraneans. Our skin is from pale to olive, like 70% of the people have brown hair, 20% of the people have blond hair, 9% of the people have black hair and 1% of the people have red hair. About eyes, more or less the same, like 75% have from light brown to dark brown eyes and like 25% have green, blue or gray eyes.
In Europe we are similar to Portuguese, Italian and French people. The French people have a little higher percentage of blond and light eyed people and are usually less tan but because of their weather.
Here you have a photo of some Spanish girls, they are tan but they are clearly white:
@-Alexia25- I feel every thing you just said the second one to the right looks very similar to me my Grammy is from Spain & she mixed with Puerto Rican. I have light blue eyes & hair super curly & I can get dark in the sun. My father is naturally olive & my little sis has dark skin & light green eyes with brown hair.
@-Alexia25- this is my natural hair color. I am also mixed with French 2nd gen American 🙃 my Familia grand parents moved here during the rebel times Eastcoast. I was born in Oregon & live Hawaii now however my mom side is French & native American. Me most of my papa folks moved to Hawaii to be more at peace with our souls. Much love to you & yours! 💜❤💙💛💚