13 Feb 2014
Question about English (UK)
I collect examples of slang usage from different sources. Could you please recommend me some books with the abundance of British slang? I've found Sue Townsend's 'The Queen and I' quite interesting. Also, 'The Commitments' by Roddy Doyle is good, but it contains mostly Irish slang. Thank you!
- Please tell me. When I want to take a off because catching a cold, what should I call and say?...
- Please explain these easily and give me some examples in a conversation English. What's the diffe...
- How do you say this in English (US)? Give example the world different and difference
- What does“being 25 sucks” mean? I don’t know why use “sucks” here. Please also give me some exam...
- how to rewrite this sentence ? He takes after his father in character and appearance. => he is
- 日本語には、解する(かいする)と解す(げす)という言葉があるようですね 日本人でもちょっと解しにくい この文では「かいしにくい」と「げしにくい」、どちらと読むんですか
- 1.’사화자’는 ‘사화’로 바꿀 있어요? 어느 거 더 자주 써요?(사전을 찾아봤는데 ‘사화’도 ‘사화자’의 뜻이 포함된다고 써 있는데요) 2.그런 분들에게 해 주실 말씀은 ...
- ما معني؟ ....
- What is the difference between man and men ?
- What is the difference between I miss you. and I missed you ?
- What does Yamete kudasai mean?
- What is the difference between Saranghae and Saranghaeyo ?
- What does Xanny mean?
- make a trip は、事前に細かく計画を立てているイメージ ガチ感。 take a trip は、お気軽な感じ、ざっくりなイメージ、ちょっとそこまで感。 という感じでしょうか？？？
- Which one is correct (1 iam phoning you tomorrow) ( 2 iam phone you tomorrow)
- can you help me?
- Could anyone here explain me the differences between a and some? I was watching a TV series and ...
- Can I use “discontented” and “discontent” interchangeably?