Question

In the last paragraph, Jones says "I knew that it could be great and I knew that it could be awful, and it has been,"

Does it mean "and it has been great and awful"?

An east Tennessee middle-schooler is speaking out after an emotional Facebook video about being bullied. In the widely-shared video, Keaton Jones describes how fellow students poured milk on him and stuffed food in his clothes. Support in the form of comforting messages flooded in for the student over the weekend.

Now, his mother is addressing the backlash on social media over some of her other posts which show her and her son with Confederate flags.

"I had enough of it. They had said that someone was going to beat me up in lunch so I texted my mom and I said 'what do I do here?'" Keaton told CBS News correspondent Mark Strassmann.

Asked whose idea it was to make the video, Keaton said, "It was mine."

Keaton, who says he was targeted by five fellow middle-schoolers, said he never complained to a teacher for fear that the bullies would "for sure attack."

"He became more and more agitated and didn't want to go back to school," said Keaton's mother, Kimberly Jones.

Jones was behind the camera and posted the video to her Facebook."I knew that it could be great and I knew that it could be awful, and it has been," Jones said of the public response to the video.

Answers

English (US) Simplified Chinese (China) Near fluent

Japanese