Question

Question about United States

What major to take to become a writer?
I wanna become a writer not the kind that writes novels or books but the short ones like reports on specific topics or news piece you see on New York times, The Atlantic post etc.
Is it Journalism?
and do you have any advice for an non-native speaker aspiring to become a English writer? Like is there a book teaching how to write news reports?
I really love English since my first English class, which was four years ago I've, ever since, dreamed about becoming a english writer. I spare no efforts to expose myself to English even more than my own language and to memorize as much vocabulary as possible in an attempt to emulate a native speaker. I'm currently at the brink of graduation from high school, 11th grade, to be precise. And I'm really in a state of disorientation. I don't feel I'm making any progress toward becoming an English writer nor proceeding on the right track.
I really need some help, any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Country or region
United States

Country or region
United States

Country or region
United States

Country or region
United States