18 Oct 2014
Question about English (US)
"But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is but the passing shadow of a cloud." - could you explain it in simple english. I cannot understand the meaning of "is but". Which word belong to "is"?
- You're living your life with an easy-going attitude, aren't you? 君は飄々と生きてるね。 does this sound n...
- Can you risk your life for her? あなたは彼女のために命を捧げられますか？ does this sound natural?
- Talking about how you would like to be successful in your life doesn't make you to get success. Y...
- is this a right sentence? 한국어 배우고 싶으면, 학교에 공부하면 돼요. If you want to learn Korean, you just have ...
- "be pleased with someone" or "be pleased with somebody"
- 謝礼金( )そんなに大したお金ではありません。 A. といっても B. といったら C. とすると D. としたら 正解はどれですか。 ありがとうございます。
- Can you read my handwriting? (I’m trying to improve my handwriting and also write faster in korea...
- 我还以为能用上的 - 怎么可能用得上 这句话中的“的”没有了就不太自然了吗？为什么这里加上了“的”呢？
- What is the difference between "C'est quoi ..." and "Quel(le) est ..." ?
- Could you please explain why there's no article needed before "department manager" in the followi...
- What is the difference between man and men ?
- What is the difference between I miss you. and I missed you ?
- What does Yamete kudasai mean?
- What's the meaning of "from on high" here? Please look at the picture. Does it mean "from the to...
- What's the meaning of "to close in" in this text? Please look at the picture.
- Are you, as a person who was born in and grew up in the United States, sometimes confused about w...
- What did he say ?? I heard “ No no although I won’t Aruba” Is it correct?
- I learned "I had a ball". It means "I had a good time". Do people really use the expression? I do...