Question
25 Apr 2018

A
Thinking back my life, I don’t agree this two ideas very much.
Firstly, I don’t believe the advertisements amuse all of us to buy the same things. What we choose rely not only on the advertisement but on the surroundings you are in and when you choose the goods. Imagine the situation in that you are thirsty and are standing before a vending machine. If you are running for training, you will choose sports drink or something with salt. On the other hand, if you are on the way to your office in the morning and feeling sleepy, you may likely to choose coffees or teas, which have caffein to get your brain awake. There are people who like hotter drinks even in a hot summer day. There are a variety of factors that influence on our choice.
Next, I don’t believe we all think it necessary to get the same thing to be happy. Saying about clothes, if all people bought a similar clothes and were wearing them you must feel the sight awkward. What we put on is one of the way to express our own identity and characteristics so the difference is natural, I think. Of course, the some trends are caused by the commercial message of TV program or famous actresses on dramas, and the fashion changes from year to year, however, these waves are one of a lot of factors for people’s favor.
From these reasons, I cannot take in the sentence above very well.

Q
There is a popular view that advertising encourages everyone to want the same things in life, and to believe that we need these things in order to be happy.
To what extent do you agree?
Answers

English (UK) English (US) Malay Near fluent

Japanese