Question
25 Apr 2018

Okay, so this is actually the same question as a couple of hours ago. XD I'll copy-paste what I said because I am lazy. XD I'm curious about how some words are used and if they are or they are not common nowadays. I checked them out in the dictionary before writing them here, but sometimes the dictionary is not enough XD I would write the word and how I would use it. Please correct me! And tell me if they are currently used! Thanks a lot!

-Rear: is this the exactly same as "to raise"? Is there any situtation where you can use raise and not rear or rear and not raise?

-To cram: Is this similar to "to put"? I think it would be similar to the Spanish "meter", but I am not sure. I'd say: I crammed all my clothes into the wardrobe. I got hurt because I had my hands crammed into my coat and I couldn't stop the fall.

-To rove: She's been roving all day outside her exgirlriend's house.

-To damp: You should damp that fire because it gets worse.

-Trimming: I bought a jacket with a lot of trimmings.

-Pleat. I am just not sure how this one is used, could you please give me an example?

-Dimple: He has cute dimples when he smiles.

-To jab: I jabbed myself when I was sewing this morning.

-To buckle to: We've been procrastinating too much, we should buckle to out work.

-To accost: My friend got scared when you accosted her in the library the other day.

-To jostle: I don't really like those kind of concerts because people are jostling each other all the time.

-To gad: What I like the most about going to new cities is gadding around discovering cool places.

-To heave: We're moving out, so my mom has been heaving boxes all day.

-Grimly: I think your boyfriend doesn't like me very much, he always looks grimly at me.

-Doze: She's really exhausted because of the trip. She's going to have a doze now.

-To beguile: He's easy to beguile when he's drunk. They beguiled me into signing that contract.

-To droop: My uncle brought me flowers, but they are drooping. I think I'll go home now, my kids is really tired and her eyes are already drooping.

This is all for today. Thank you so much again!

Answers

Galician Spanish (Spain)

Galician Spanish (Spain)