Question
21 Jan 2021

• Indonesian
  • Malay
Question about Indonesian

About [Me - kan] verb: "Aku mendapatkan buku ini dari toko itu." (I got this book from that store.)
Does the meaning change if I replace "mendapatkan" with "mendapat" (i.e. omit the suffix "-kan")? Please compare "me - kan" and "me -" verbs, and explain the difference of nuance.
I have already learned that "me - kan" makes the root verb with the nuance of "doing for someone's benefits" or "doing to cause someone/something in a certain state". However, I don't understand the difference between "mendapatkan" and "mendapat" in the abovementioned sentence.

This sample sentence is retrieved from Duolingo:
https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/33782549
Answers

• Indonesian Near fluent

• Indonesian Near fluent

• Indonesian

• Indonesian

• Indonesian