Question
9 February

• Indonesian
  • Malay
Question about Indonesian

Please explain the role of "me-i" verb in this sentence: "Saya mau menghadapi dia dengan kamu." There are several interpretations I can come up with:
A) Saya (I) = Divorce lawyer. Dia (He) and Kamu (You) = Husband and Wife who are on the verge of divorce and don't talk to each other. He and you must have a face-to-face meeting and talk about the custody of their children. So, I would say "I want HIM TO meet with you in order to discuss on the custody." In this case, I am just a meeting arranger who invites (suggests) him and you to the divorce meeting.

B) Saya (I) = Wife. Dia (He) = My husband. Kamu (You) = My best friend. It turned out that he and you had a love affair (cheated on me). I got really upset, and then my husband left our house... Now I regret and I would say "I want to meet him PLUS you in order to figure out what we should do". In this case, I am the one who wants to meet.

Please also explain how the meaning could be changed if I replaced "menghadapi" (me-i verb) with "menghadapkan" (me-kan verb) or with "menghadap" (me-verb).

The original sentence is retrieved from Duolingo:
https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/29394900
Many learners got confused and need help from Indonesian native speakers.
Answers

• Indonesian
  • Javanese

• Indonesian
  • Javanese

• Indonesian
  • Javanese

• Indonesian
  • Javanese