Question
9 Feb 2021

• Indonesian
  • Malay
Question about Indonesian

How do you visualize the following sentence with "me-i" verb: "Apakah kamu ingin mengakhiri perlombaan ini?" (Do you want to end this competition?)

1) You are the organizer of a marathon race. I am asking whether you would like to cancel the event because a terrorist is threatening us.

2) You are the athlete who joins a 42.195km marathon race. I am asking whether you would like to drop out of the race after you run 10km.

3) You are the athlete (same as #2). I am asking whether you would like to run the entire 42.195km (complete).

I think #2 and #3 should be written as "ber-" verb, not "me-i" verb.

The original sentence is retrieved from Duolingo:
https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/29159529
Answers

• Indonesian Near fluent

• Indonesian Near fluent

• Indonesian Near fluent

• Indonesian Near fluent