1 Mar 2017

  • Norwegian (bokmal)
  • German
  • English (US)
  • Thai
Question about German

In my textbook it says that Germans use the word "ihr" for you (as in y'all – informal), but it lists a second word Germans use for you (plural) and that is also "ihr". This made me uncertain.

I have thought Germans have two words for you (plural), and that is the informal "ihr" and the formal "Sie".

What is correct here?

Read more comments

  • German
  • Turkish

  • German

  • German

  • German
[News] Hey you! The one learning a language!

Share this question
Related questions
Newest Questions
Topic Questions
Recommended Questions