Question
27 Sep 2022

• Simplified Chinese (China)
  • Swedish
Question about Japanese

I will be visiting a Japanese grocery shop today, and I want to ask the store owner for advice on what to get for my boyfriend. He is from Japan, and hasn’t been home in over 3 years, I want to get him something special and nostalgic to remind him of home. He has been very stressed with his LSAT studies, and could use something to cheer him up. Could someone please tell me how to say:
“I am looking for something nostalgic for my friend from Japan who has not been home in three years. He misses home very much, and could use comforting items during his studies” in Japanese?

For anyone who may have suggestions of nostalgic things someone from Japan might want, please suggest them! He mentioned missing his childhood snacks last week, but I don’t want to ask and make the surprise too obvious!

Answers