Question
4 October

• Spanish (Mexico)

What is the nuance that the particle "down" carries in the phrase "go down this route/road"? Is it about "going metaphorically downwards" (meaning doing things that potentially can hurt you) or "doing something UNTIL COMPLETION"?
P.S.: I came across the phrase "if you continue going down this route, what's eventually gonna happen is (something negative)". And last but no least, I'd really appreciate if you could show me some example you'd use on a daily basis with this structure ("down the road/route").

Answers

• Spanish (Mexico)