Question
27 Nov 2022

• Spanish (Mexico)

Note: To clarify I know that won’t is the contraction of will not ( that is basic level grammar so off course I know that, my question is about a totally different thing) . Ex: As an IT support specialist you will probably work on lots of computers that won't start . My question: why “won’t “ instead of “don’t want to”. Example : that won’t start / that don’t want to start. 95% of the time I hear this and our teachers did not explain that to us in our English classes . So here I am trying to get to the native level on my own . Thanks

Answers

Note: To clarify I know that won’t is the contraction of will not ( that is basic level grammar so off course I know that, my question is about a totally different thing) . Ex: As an IT support specialist you will probably work on lots of computers that won't start . My question: why “won’t “ instead of “don’t want to”.  Example : that won’t start / that don’t  want to start.    95% of the time I hear this and our teachers did not explain that to us in our English classes . So here I am trying to get to the native level on my own . Thanks