Question
27 Nov 2022

• Arabic

Hi language lovers
2 simple questions

1. Is it acceptable if I insert an exclamation point, when necessary, before (semi) colon:

They share their affection ; that is love!; it's love that binds them ( this is a list and I need to show the exclamation mark because I want to talk about it )

They share their affection; it's love that binds them ; that is love!: these sentences reveal ..... ( here the exclamation appears at the end of the list but I don't want to remove it because I want to talk about it too ).

I feel in this case I should use it with round brackets (!). What do you think?

2. This article is 3-minute read
(this usage of "read" is mainly British, right?)

Answers

• Arabic

• Arabic

Hi language lovers
2 simple questions

2. This article is 3-minute read