Question
28 Nov 2022

• Korean

Hi~~
While I was trying to read the "Pride and Prejudice", I got stumbled on the first page-..-

I don't understand what the word "rightful" means in the context of the following sentence. I mean, I failed to find which definition of this word in the dictionary fits in this context.(I'm thinking I am so proud to read this...).Please help me...

"However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighborhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families that he is considered as the 'rightful' property of some one or other of their daughters."

Answers

• Korean

Hi~~