Question
28 Nov 2022

I'm bothered by this grammar question.
Direction: Choose the underlined(I used ( ) instead of underlines) part that is incorrect.
Nancy (has finished) (her homework) early this morning and (is now sleeping) (soundly).

The textbook says you should correct (has finished) into (finished) because "early this morning" suggests the point in the past. I knew "this morning" can be used with present perfect. So, should I think that "early this morning" should be used in the past sentences, not in the present perfect sentences, though "this morning" is used with both the past tense and the present perfect?

Answers

I'm bothered by this grammar question.