Question

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
  • French (France)

Hello, I would like to ask two questions about the word "anchor".

Can I say "The government enacted this Travel Act, aiming to anchor two countries' relationships."? (To anchor here I am trying to say "to let the two countries become closer, to stay connected"). Does the word anchor has this meaning?

Also, is it correct to say "People should anchor themselves to the world by developing the ability to view and judge things from different perspectives." (Here I mean people should let themselves become more connected to the world.)

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

Thank you in advance!