Question
4 May 2018

• Simplified Chinese (China)

This is an IELTS writing topic.

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
--------------

The following is my article, I really appreciate if someone could help me correct it.
---------------

Some people don’t care about the disappearance of languages, and they believe that it will make life easier in the case of just a few languages exists in the world. In my opinion, although it will become definitely more convenient for people from different countries or regions to communicate with each other using the same language, languages are more than tools for socializing but containing much more stuff than they appear. We should no leave them dying out and do nothing about it.
On the one hand, it is really hard to understand what people said when they speak in language which is totally different from ours. Even though when we are familiar with the foreign language, there could be misunderstandings sometimes because we are not native speakers.
On the other hand, there are thousands ofdifferent languages in the world nowadays. Each of them is a symbol of a specific group of people and some of them could date back to thousands of years ago. They are precious heritage from wise ancestors and passed down from generation to generation. Furthermore, languages might reflect the culture and custom of certain societies. For example, there are hundreds of idioms in Chinese which are derived from a variety of stroies happened in old time, and now they are used to teach people in many different ways.
In conclusion, I think it is not a good idea to ignore the fact that several languages die out every year. Effective actions should be taken to protect them from fading away.

Answers

• English (US) Near fluent
  • Vietnamese

• Simplified Chinese (China)

This is an IELTS writing topic.

--------------

---------------